Kodiak Treks offers small-group, low-impact bear and wildlife-viewing hikes based out of our wilderness lodge in the heart of the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge.
- Experience wild Alaska with knowledgeable, local guides
- Unpack and enjoy a stay of 3-7 days on beautiful Kodiak Island, minimizing impact on local wildlife populations and maximizing your Alaskan experience
- Take in a variety of activities including wildlife viewing, hiking, cultural tours, kayaking, fishing, and more
- Spend the night at our out-camp on the Kodiak National Wildlife Refuge
- Walk inconspicuously through Kodiak bear country and learn about Kodiak brown bears' life cycle and habitat
- Observe non-habituated wildlife while practicing leave-no-trace ethics
Harry Dodge has been guiding through Kodiak bear country for over 30 years. Respected locally as a leader in the field, he is a trained biologist, wildlife advocate, and author, who never tires of introducing guests from around the world to magnificent Kodiak Island and the awesome Kodiak bear.